Saturday, March 20, 2010

Knock, knock. Who's there? Spring!!!

The first day of many more to come spent in the yard doing yard work was completed today. Extension cords were unravelled. The gas blower was assembled. Leaves were blown. Leaves were raked. Leaves were sucked. The dogs enjoyed their time out. The bird netting came off the pond. I fed the fish for the first time in ages. I disturbed Pandora's burminating again and fed both she and Perseus a double-dosing of yummy crickets.

The squirrel nest in the tree with the treehouse is no longer a squirrel nest, methinks. I'm not sure what type of raptor it may be, but some sort of bird of prey seems to have taken over that arboreal home. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can identify it.

Oh yeah, and I smelled my first skunk last night. Those rotten sons of bitches!

We spent the evening over at mom and dad's, along with Melissa and her family. They all had pizza for dinner. I had a turkey sandwich and lentils. Gawd, eight more days and this diet is **OVER**!

No comments: