Monday, August 3, 2009

Kelsey (almost) turns 16

We celebrated Kelsey's 16th birthday yesterday. Her birthday isn't until next week but she's at her dad's. It was an awesome party but I am POOPED!

After the concert Friday night we woke up and started cleaning and cooking. I boiled and marinated 18 pounds of chicken for the party on Sunday. I also put an interesting twist on my Root Beer Baked Beans but substituting RC Cola for the Root Beer. I didn't really like the sweetness from the Root Beer and the RC Cola worked out just fine. Preparations were made and the party was a success.

The weekend was a blur, in fact. Jooj woke me up extra early on Friday and I couldn't fall back asleep, fearing the impending layoff (that never happened... more on that as I get the news). I was up 20 hours before finally crashing at 3:30AM. Saturday was filled with cleaning and cooking. I woke up at 7:30AM Sunday to pick Kelsey up from a lock-in. I've had no chance to catch up on sleep.

So this was supposed to be about Kelsey turning 16 and I've talked all about myself. How rude!

In a nutshell, I'm so proud of her and can't imagine being a step-dad to anybody else! Love you and happy birthday, sweetie!

No comments: