Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Are. You. KIDDING. MEEEEE!?!?!?!

Bret Favre is a Minnesota Viking.

Seriously? Really? I mean, really??? As a long-time Viking fan I really don't know how to think about this.

On the one hand, we seem to have a bit of a QB problem between Jackson and Rosenfel, so the veteran could add a nice oomph to a weaker offensive area. He's old, yes, but he is very experienced as well as intimately familiar with our offense. With Adrian Peterson in the backfield he should have a little less pressure on him. And with some of our talent in the wide out positions he is going to have some pretty nice targets to hit.

On the other hand, well, he is a former Green Bay Packer - a cheesehead - the mortal enemy (along with the Bears) of any Viking fan (and the Detroit Lions don't count 'cause they are awful and the Bucs don't count 'cause they are no longer in our division) living or dead. So the big, unstoppable, I've-beat-the-record-for-most-consecutive-games-played-by-a-longshot Bret Favre is going to be tossing for the men in purple? As my mother put it, "that's like a [Chicago] Cubbie playing for the White Sox." It sure is, mom. It sure is.

On the other other hand, what divine providence to be given the chance to stick it to the Packers with their old, recently-shunned quarterback of old, throwing bomb after bomb into the end zone? Seeing that may actually make me cry with joy!

Monday, October 5th, I will be at Gerstle's watching the Vikings take on the Packers on Monday Night Football while I drink too many beers with my brother-in-law Jim, dad, and any other Viking-faithful that want to join us! Pat, you in?

2 comments:

Pat said...

Bears? or Beers?? Yes I am in!

DeadBrinley said...

What can I say. I've got division rivals on the brain.

Yes, BEERS!!! Alright, we'll meet at Jim's. I'll call Jeremy but he's probably going to be having a new baby around that day so we shouldn't count on him.