Thursday, August 20, 2009

FFL - L'ville Hotspurs

I already have football fever. The Favre news pushed me over the edge. I've spent about an hour a day the past week reading up on player news, preseason recaps, and injury reports. The team I drafted was alright but I had to get rid of some older guys and some dead weight (that's right, Willis McGahee, I'm talking about you, sucker!). Meet the 2009-2010 L'ville Hotspurs...

QB - Philip Rivers (San Diego Chargers)
RB - Matt Forte (Chicago Bears)
RB - Kevin Smith (Detroit Lions)
WR - Santonio Holmes (Pittsburgh Steelers)
WR - Eddie Royal (Denver Broncos)
WR - Steve Smith (Carolina Panthers)
TE - John Carlson (Seattle Seahawks)
K - Shayne Graham (Cincinnati Bengals)
DST - Jets DST (New York Jets)

And my bench consists of:

QB - Brett Favre (Minnesota Vikings!!!)
QB - Eli Manning (New York Giants)
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw (New York Giants)
RB - Beanie Wells (Arizona Cardinals)
WR - Josh Morgan (San Francisco 49ers)

For the first time since I started playing FFL I have my BYE weeks worked out before the season even begins. And that is a good thing. I'm a little heavy at QB right now but I want to see how Favre and Manning do before dropping either (or possibly trading). I'm also a bit heavy at running back. I feel lucky because Forte and K. Smith are both lone running backs and not part of a 2-man or 3-man RB committee. That's pretty much why McGahee got the boot. Beanie Wells has a banged up ankle and I may drop him at some point, depending upon how well Bradshaw does with the Giants. Josh Morgan is reportedly the favorite in SF so I picked him up. My tight end is just someone I picked up. That position is so worthless and unpredictable most of the time. I dropped my dud kicker and picked up Shayne Graham. He's been good to me in years past. And finally I'm pretty stoked about the Jets defense and special teams. They are ranked highly this year.

There may be some juggling still and I'm sure I'll have to react to injuries but that's what I've got so far. I'd be very happy to win the division this year. I can't set my sights on winning the big game but a man can hope can't he? Go 'Spurs!

No comments: