Monday, August 31, 2009

"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

The line for this entry was spoken by Mugatu, played by Will Farrel, in the movie "Zoolander". But it also explains how I feel right now. And I'm not just talking about stuff in my life. I'm going to take a moment and put my life aside (but Lord knows I have plenty of reason to feel like I'm taking crazy pills for everything that's going on) and talk about something else.

Marvel. Disney.

These two words do not belong together in my opinion. But I read just now that Marvel is considering a deal to be bought by Disney for $4 billion. That's $4,000,000,000. That's a lot of zeros. That's a lot of bags of money. But is it a good move for Marvel?

What will happen to all of my favorite Marvel comic book heroes? Spider-man, Hulk, Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Jean Grey, Iceman, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Deadpool, Blade, the Fantastic Four, Ironman, Thor, Ghostrider... the list goes on and on (a total of 5000 characters).

I just don't know what to think. I can't put it together in my head. I can't process such a union. It's weird, man. Weird sh!t.

Check back tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be back to the regularly scheduled drama of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

No comments: