Friday, June 26, 2009

My wife rules!

My birfday is coming up. Over the last few years I've begun to care less and less about it. Maybe it is because I have more to care about these days (wife, kids, house, dogs, cats, etc.) than myself - let alone a silly birfday. Maybe I'm just getting old and don't care. Either way... meh.

So I wasn't really expecting much in the way of gifts. Jooj's parents sent me some cash. That was nice. Oh, and they sent me a lotto card - a scratch-off. I won another chance. So we'll see if that hits a jackpot :) Mom and dad are getting me a knife set. I'm actually pretty stoked about that.

I had no idea what Jooj was getting me. But she decided she wanted to give it to me today. She gave me the gift bag. It seemed pretty light. A gift certificate, perhaps? A gift card? A homemade free coupon for a back rub even?

No, she blew me away! It was an invoice for the not-yet-released Boba Fett and Han Solo in Carbonite Animated Maquette from Gentle Giant Studios available only from Entertainment Earth. Holy cow! Not only did she know what I really, really wanted, but she stooped to my level of geekdom in purchasing it. I love that woman so much!

Here is the statue (don't know how long the Internet will store this so clickity-click away)...

Boba Fett and Han Solo in Carbonite

Jooj rules!

No comments: