Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Super 8

Saw Super 8 tonight with the kids and it was SUPER GREAT! I wish Jooj would have gone but I won't mind seeing it again with her. And I *will* see it again. It simply rocked.

Going into it I didn't know as much about it as I normally would. I decided a while back to stop reading up on it. I wanted some surprises and didn't want to know spoilers beforehand. I was expecting something like a scary E.T.

What this movie is is actually something along those lines. It tries to capture the magic of E.T. and The Goonies with a little touch of The Thing. But it's not horror. At it's core, Super 8 is a coming of age flick. And it has tons of heart. I love the kids and how they interact with one another. It's just a feel good movie... that happens to have a pretty nasty alien and stuff in it.

I consider it a hit and think it will join the aforementioned classics. Do yourself a favor and go see it. Go see it with your kids and/or loved ones.

Quick note: the deputy and father of the main kid has a striking resemblance to Uncle Pat :)

100% | 175 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 45.48% (166 of 365)

No comments: