Sunday, November 14, 2010

Worst. Fortune. Ever.

Jooj and I went to the janky Chinese buffet we used to frequent back when she lived on Ellis. We were in the mood for some Chinese and this place normally delivers. They didn't have their fried corn balls but it was a good meal. I of course stuffed myself and polishing off the meal with 3 fresh macaroons was just icing on the cake.

The bill came out with two fortune cookies. Jooj grabbed one and busted it open...

"Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise and balance."

Sounds very philosophical. Sounds metaphysical. The engrish is a little hard to grasp on that one. But so is the concept. OooOOooh. I can imagine some wise and wizened monk uttering this while balancing himself on an upended bamboo shaft. Or, you know, maybe Yoda said it somewhere.

Impressed, I moved onto mine...

"You are going to have some new clothes."

Are you viking kidding me?!? I'ven't ever, ever, ever received such mundane tripe as my fortune. New clothes? Really? That's all you got? Really? So that's *really* it? Worst. Fortune. Ever.

1 comment:

pH said...

Clothes are not just made of fabric. You can clothe yourself in the warmth of love ones or the anger of the Tea Party.