Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fantasy Football (and Basketball) Updates

The once-lowly L'ville Hotspurs have turned their fortunes around, won 3 in a row, are second in their division, and are ranked 5th in the league of 18. They are hitting the final stretch of the season and are looking to finish strong - currently at 6-3 and heading into a great matchup this week. I'm putting up league-leading points and look to continue that trend. I've done some amazing things with waiver wire pick-ups and a key trade.

The still-dominant L'ville Gunners are at 5-4 after suffering a heart-breaking loss of 151-140.5 to the #1 team in the league. Damn you Packers D... who would have ever thought it possible for a D/ST to put up 31 points? Even to the Cowboys? Unimaginable! Thankfully, 3 of my last 4 games are against the 3 worst teams in the league. So I should be a lock for the playoffs. This team is strong and will finish well.

The running-out-of-hope L'ville Red Devils have a record of 3-6 after suffering a gut-wrenching defeat at the hands of the Justice League, 109-108. Ugh. It's a game of inches (and single points). If we win out (which is possible and not all that unlikely actually), and with just a tad bit of help through any number of win-loss permutations, we can still make the playoffs with a 6-6 record. Coach Mike and I have made massive trades to make a play-off run. Let's hope it works our way.

Overall, across all of my teams in FFL, my record is a mediocre 14-13. Meh.

Lastly, the newly initiated L'ville Blues (NBA) ended their first "week" of games with a final record of 6-2-1, currently ranking me 4th in a league of 8 teams. I am sort of in cruise control at the moment as I am just figuring out what is going on but am encouraged by my record after the first week. In fact, I'm watching my first NBA game in *years* at the momet - LA Clippers versus the San Antonio Spurs.

Go 'Spurs! Go Gunners! Go Devils! Go Blues!

No comments: