Monday, November 8, 2010

Mercy at Mockingbird

Tonight was game 2 of my return to the indoor soccer field and out of retirement. And man-o-man, if I didn't love this game so much I would reconsider my decision. I was warned that the team we were playing tonight was going to be the best we would face. They brought their A game and we brought, well, about our Q game. It was 0-5 at half and my body was already beaten down. We did not maintain possession long enough for me to ever catch my breath. My right pinky was hurting. My hamstrings were on fire. I was sweating like Niagara Falls. And thank gawd for the Mercy rule. The other team scored another 5 - quickly. And then the refs stopped keeping track of the score. I don't know how many they racked up, but they easily scored 10 more times. By the end of the game I was done. I could barely stand up. But shit, it was still fun (if not a little embarrassing).

Heading out to go pick up Call of Duty: Black Ops at the midnight release for Mr. William and then dropping it off at his dad's. I'm the best step-dad ever!!!!

No comments: