Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mopani may look cool but don't buy it

When looking for driftwood for your bearded dragons I highly advise against Mopani. It looks cool. I can't argue that at all. And they seem to like it. But I swear, it has more holes than Prince Barin's sacred wooden stump on the forest moon of Arboria (nearly the vaguest of Flash Gordon references there). And those holes don't hide poisonous creatures ready to sting the next forearm. They hide crickets. And lots of them.

Sometimes the bearded dragons, Perseus and Pandora, don't eat all of their crickets. And those crickets feel compelled to run and hide for their lives. And they sometimes succeed. And during the night they start chirping. And their chirping is annoying. And here is another sentence that starts with "And". And the Mopani offers the more hiding spots than... well, shit, I have no idea what metaphor to use here... what has a lot of hiding spots?

Anyway, I shook a dozen crickets out of their Mopani and removed it. I'm heading to Feeder's tomorrow to pick up something with fewer hiding spots.

Man, what has a lot of hiding spots? I dunno. It's late.

2 comments:

PH said...

Afghaistan Hills

DeadBrinley said...

YES!!! Those crickets hide in the Mopani like Osama in the hills of Bora Bora. Man, it was too late to be blogging :)