Thursday, September 30, 2010

FFL Hocus Pocus

What a weird week on the waiver wire in FFL. For those of you who don't know, after the games are done over the weekend, owners of FFL teams can pickup new players from and drop underperforming or injured players to waivers. This is a chance to pickup new talent and to shed useless players. The order in which an owner is able to choose depends on their overall record - losers go first and winners go last. Anyway, onto the weirdness...

So the L'ville Red Devils didn't need much help but we did pick up the RB I was after, BenJarvus Green-Ellis. We were 4th pick so I was pretty sure we'd get at least something we were after. Mike is out of the country in Nicaragua and I made a few more moves that I think may work out long-term (hopefully with his blessing).

The L'ville Gunners managed to pick up all 4 of the picks I set out to grab. Huzzah! In fact, I guess all of the other owners are on cruise control because I was the only owner that had waivers processed Wednesday morning. My team is already pretty strong in the league. This just makes me stronger.

The L'ville Hotspurs... oh, the 'Spurs. This is the team that started it all and the team that I've had since I started playing FFL. Well, going into week 4 I have 5 players on a BYE, 2 injured players that will not play, and 2 injured players that may not play or will at least be limited. I setup waiver requests and made contingent requests and then even made contingencies on top of that. Waivers process a day late on that site (nfl.com) so I had to wait.

I woke up this morning and I got everything I went after. Really? Did that just happen? Replacement BYE week RB in BenJarvus Green-Ellis? Check. Replacement BYE week TE in Aaron Hernandez? Check. Replacement Kicker for underperformer in Matt Bryant? Check. Replacement D/ST for underperformer in Atlanta Falcons? Chickity-check!

Amazing. I still have problems in that two of my receivers, Mario Manningham and Pierre Garcon, are injured and may not play this weekened. But I have no bench to play with and there is absolute garbage left on the waivers so I'm inclined to set the lineup and call it a day. At least I can field a team at this point :)

Go 'Spurs! Go Devils! Go Gunners!

No comments: