Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meds to counteract my meds

So part of the pill regimen I was sent home with included a powerful anti-inflamatory called Indocin to reduce to inflammation around my heart. I know what you are thinking... "But Eric, remember, you aren't supposed to take anti-inflamatories under any circumstances because YOU WILL DIE!" And if you thought that, good for you, you were either around two years ago or you read Internal bleeding posted June 30, 2008. EIther way, congratulations, you are right! If I take anti-inflamatories I AM GOING TO DIE!

I reminded the good doctor of this and he simply smiled. I suppose it didn't occur to me that an unhealthy heart takes priority over internal bleeding (I mean, what good is a bleeding duodenum anyway if there is no heart to pumping blood out of the rips the medicine may make). So I am also taking Protonix. That medicine is a wonder drug that acts like the Death Star's deflector shields (before those Rebel scum blew up the generator on Endor) in my stomach.

It's funny to me. I'm taking a med to make sure the other med, which is saving my life, doesn't kill me in the process. The logic is sound, if not just a little wonky.

But even with the Protonix, a full stomach, and a glass of milk, my stomach feels like the beachhead (two "H's" in a row - what a weird word!) at Normandy after taking the Indocin. Blech!

No comments: