Sunday, October 17, 2010

So much can happen in a weekend

I couldn't decide Friday night whether to blog about how much I love watching the Cards play under the new Coach Strong era or how excited I was at the thought of refinancing both my mortgages with a new monthly payment that is about the same that I'm paying now for the first one. Then I got the call.

Mom called, voice shaking, and told me that my little nephew Luke, age 1, had just left in an ambulance with my dad for Kosair. He had been running a fever and was just not acting himself. He went into a fever-induced seizure that lasted for approximately 45 minutes. I rushed down there but was held back in the waiting room - Melissa and Jeremy had already beat me and "it is chaos back there." What I later found out was that the "chaos" was my belligerent (and drunk - he was enjoying the Cards as well at the game) brother-in-law freaking out over seeing his baby boy in such bad shape. I can't say that I blame him. When I finally made it back all I heard was how good he looked but HOLY HELL! He looked horrible. He was sedated and rigid and mucus was running out of his nose and mouth. I was scared to death!

But long story short, the EEG and the CT scan were both clean. He was released Saturday. Things at my sister's house have settled down.

In other news, Will's JV football team won the City Championship. GO SAINTS! And their varsity team destroyed the competition in their final game of the regular season. They've now clinched a playoff spot as well as a first-round BYE. GO SAINTS! My 1-3 Vikings beat the horrible, nasty, godforsaken 1-3 Cowboys today too. GO VIKINGS! Fantasy football... well, things aren't said and done yet but it looks like I'm going 0-3 again this week. BOO 'SPURS, GUNNERS, AND DEVILS!!!

No comments: