Monday, October 4, 2010

Corporate Food Vultures

Whoah! I ate well today - and mostly not due to anything I brought for myself.

My mornings at work always start with oatmeal and tea. The oatmeal is from my own stash. The tea is from a collection that work provides (Lemon Green Tea today). Fortune smiled bright on me today as bagels were waiting for me as I walked into the kitchen. Hells yeah! Slice. Toast. Spread with jalapeno and veggie cream cheese spreads. Devour.

Later in the morning I put down a glass of water (out of the cooler) and another cup of tea (this time from my own stash - Lemon Ginger - caffeine free).

I had to skip lunch to instead pick up Will from St. X. He shadowed today. His favorite part of the day? Eating for free in the cafeteria. He told me that he had two humongous slices of pizza, 2 boscoe sticks (breadsticks loaded with cheese), 2 cokes, a large smoothie, a chicken sammich, and a HUGE baja taco. OMFG, my bowels are rumbling after just typing that.

So I drop him off and rush back to the office. My stomach is grumbling but I tried to hold out. I busted into some dried cranberries and cashews for a snack. But that didn't cut it. So I went down to the candy drawer. I already had a Baby Ruth bite in my mouth before I spied leftover Bumblebee Stew from Friday's JGumbo lunch on Hillary's desk. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I ran to the kitchen and found some in the fridge. I loaded up a bowl and zapped it in the microwave. While it buzzed I ate a quick apple. I also wrapped a bagel in a paper towel for a morning snack tomorrow.

My belly full, I walked back to my desk to finish the day and drink both another free glass of water and cup of tea.

Gluttons? The both of us? Perhaps. Moochers? For real? For sure!

No comments: