Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Wall

Kelsey and I shared another wonderful movie moment last night when I introduced her to "Pink Floyd's The Wall". I listened to *every* Pink Floyd album in middle school and high school so it was really awesome to watch "The Wall" together. I was waiting until she actually heard (and hopefully liked... she did) the album, which she got on vinyl on Monday.

Kelsey turns 15 tomorrow and we celebrated her birthday at mom and dad's. The big gift from us was a wooden, all-in-one unit that plays MP3s, tapes, CDs, vinyl, and has a radio tuner. It rocks. So dad and I went into the garage and brought out my old vinyl collection. Then he sent home some choice picks for her (with a healthy selection of Pink Floyd LPs... "Dark Side of the Moon", "Meddle", "The Wall", "Animals", "Wish You Were Here", and "The Final Cut"). The world of music evolved for her that very night. She dug "The Wall" so we watched the movie.

One more quick note: I have to give a shout out to Will. He and I are returning to Kentucky Kingdom today to conquer his fear of rollercoasters. He is going to King's Island next week with some buddies and wants his coaster cherry popped. I'm honored to be the one to be there when he loses his twisted metal and wood virginity >:)

No comments: