Thursday, August 7, 2008

Damn you Kentucky Kingdom!

As Will and I walked away from the gates from Six Flags: Kentucky Kingdom last night I made the call to Julie.

"We're leaving Kentucky Kingdom. Will threw up all over himself," I told her.

She gasped and lamented his misfortune. But then I gave her the real news.

"I'm kidding. The park is closed!"

No kidding. Kentucky Kingdom, during the week, closes at 7pm. What a crock! We rolled up at 6:30 and the ticket booths were empty. The folks at the turnstiles told us that the park was closing. Will was devastated.

I know that he thinks that the whole thing is a bust now. I had to keep telling him that notion was nonsense. He finally lightened up but I know that he thinks we're not going to make it. I'm leaving work today at 4pm and we're going to race over there and ride some damn rollercoasters!

No comments: