Friday, August 15, 2008

One week down...

Well, I think (I *think*) my wife survived her first week back to school. It is a new school. A new class. New kids. New assistance. New building. The place is awesome and her room is super cool. And the stories I've heard so far lead me to believe that she'll have a pretty good year. She would never admit it now but I am holding out hope for her. She has eight 5-year olds (a pair of "Irish twin" sisters both suffer from Down syndrome) and one third grader. All of them have special needs. Thankfully, the one girl that was blind was placed elsewhere. And, with a little luck, the open spot in her class will be filled from within the school. My gut tells me she will have them all whipped into shape in no time.

Other than that, the week has settled down. Some projects at work are winding down. Miss Annie appears to be doing better. She's eating a whole can of special wet food a day. I'll be painting, skating, and running errands this weekend. The weather looks terrific!

No comments: