Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a night (and morning)!

I was exhausted last night. I spent over 4 hours in a cold, chair-less server room yesterday. I was already a little sore from standing so much at the My Morning Jacket concert. After work the fam went over to my parents' house and had dinner. By the time we got home and I helped the kids with their homework and eBaying I was pretty whipped. Julie went to bed and I quickly followed at 11:15.

She wakes me up at 1am telling me that one of the dogs is really whining. I go downstairs and see that poor Boba has thrown up several times in his crate. I let both he and Jack outside to take care of any business and then put them both back in the basement. I didn't put Boba in his cage and just left him out.

Then at 2:36am the phone rings and I answer it. There is no answer on the other line. I checked out the caller ID and it read "Sexy Black". The wife asked who it was and I told her, "Sexy Black." I don't remember what else was said as I was already asleep again before I was even back in bed.

I woke up feeling very tired this morning. I went right into my morning routine: got her coffee, showered, woke Will up, dressed, woke Kelsey up, let dogs out (to pee), fed dogs, fed cats, let dogs out (to poo). The second letting of the dogs out is normally followed by "give dogs treats and put them downstairs". However, Boba seemed to be having trouble in the ivy (he poops in the ivy in the back 80% of the time). The garage door opened and Boba came running up. As he approached I noticed that things weren't right "back there".

He had a heinously long turd sticking out of his butt. And it slapped back and forth against his back legs as he wagged his tail. I immediately grabbed him and held him still. Julie came over with a bag and pulled it out. She then sprayed him down and delivered a homemade enema with the house. The turd turned out to be rope mostly and he appeared very relieved once it was passed.

What a way to start the day!!

No comments: