Monday, July 28, 2008

Fun in the sun weekend

Whew! I had a whirlwind of a weekend. The family spent Friday afternoon at Six Flags: Kentucky Kingdom. Saturday was spent at Julie's sister's cabin and on the dock and boat at Nolin Lake. And Will and I spent the afternoon playing mini-golf and riding go-karts on Sunday. My pasty, IT-geek skin can't take all of this sun :)

I got a little burned at the lake but Julie really took the brunt of the rays that day. She was suffering from sun poisoning that night and Sunday. Poor thing :(

Kentucky Kingdom was fun. My little nephew Patrick joined us. Will really is getting bold and expanding the rides he is willing to ride. Patrick also did a great job with the Ferris wheel and the viking ship (although he definitely had a "thrill" on the ship). Afterwards we hit up the flea market. What a weird place. This was my first flea market ever. They had the stuff that I thought they would have like knives, homemade goodies, and collectibles. But they also had stuff like aspirin, shaving cream, cereal, and other food stuffs. Strange.

Riding go-karts was absolutely awesome! I promised Will that we would do that again. Maybe next time we'll go to Kart Kountry. It was a blast :D

I loved the weekend. I'm tired but it was scads of fun. I love when the kids are with us 'cause I love being a dad so much (don't worry honey, I love it when it's just you and me too :)

No comments: