Monday, August 11, 2008

Birthdays and Funerals

Kelsey turned 15. My mom turned an age that cannot be revealed. Narayan at work turns 31 today. Goodness gracious! We celebrated Kelsey's birthday at my mom's last Monday. Then her friends spent the night Friday night. And finally we had Julie's side of the family over last night for burgers and birthday fun. Mom was able to squeeze in a lunch with the fam on Saturday at PFChangs (Yummy!). So the theme this weekend was birthdays!

But we also lost some great entertainers this weekend - Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes. I was shocked to read that Mac passed away. And I knew that Hayes was in bad shape a year or so ago but, to my knowledge, was on the mend.

And then last night I started to worry about Miss Annie. She hadn't eaten all weekend and she turned her nose up at wet food when I put it out for her. I took her to the vet this morning and they called her situation an "emergency". Ugh :( More details as they come...

BTW, Will and Kelsey and I made it to Kentucky Kingdom and he managed to conquer his fear of rollercoasters. Way to go, son!

No comments: