Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Annie passed...

The vet called me this morning. He spoke with my wife last night and hinted that she was doing well and may come home today. I answered the phone and he said:

"Mr. Brinley? This is Dr. Vaughn. Well, Annie passed..."

My heart dropped. My mind buzzed. My blood went red. Time crawled to a standstill.

"... her blood test this morning."

(Heart, mind, blood, and time all returned to normal)

So the little grrrl rebounded and is coming home today. I'm going in an hour to pick her up. She's coming home with medicine and special food. And they are going to show me how to mix and administer an IV bag. That'll be interesting :P

I'm just happy to hear that she is doing well. I'd hate to have to tell Jed that Miss Annie passed away. I'm more than happy to tell him that she passed her blood test :)

No comments: