Sunday, January 17, 2010

This and that and a little bit more of this

* GO VIKINGS!!! - The Minnesota Vikings (my #1 favorite team in the NFL) just finished beating the Dallas Cowboys (my #32 favorite team [i.e. #1 hated] in the NFL). They are going to New Orleans to take on the Saints next week for the NFC championship. The Super Bowl awaits two weeks later if they win that.

* Fantasy Football Recap - "Has there been a bigger disappointment in fantasy football then Forte?" This was the quote from one of the analysts at NFL.com. Matt Forte, the aforementioned player in that quote, was my #1 draft pick and the biggest stinker in the league (well, as far as first round draft picks go). That said, I *did* manage to eek out an 8-5-1 record and only missed the playoffs by 1/2 game. It was a crowning achievement for good coaching moves and pick-ups throughout the season. Overall I am very happy with how the season turned out.

* "Stop. STOP. STOP!!!" *crunch* - Kelsey got in a little fender bender while driving in traffic the other day. We were stopped in traffic. She started creeping up on the car in front of her. The next thing that happened was pretty much the first line you read in this blurb. The situation could have been a lot worse. Everyone was okay. Our car was not damaged. Her car had a small nick. The other driver was very cool. And the cop was very nice in that he did not issue Kelsey a citation for not having her permit.

* The Cards suck - They had Pitt beat. They choked. They suck.

* Biggest Loser - I am participating in the Biggest Loser program at work. I seriously doubt I am going to win but would be very happy if I could shed 10 or so pounds. I'd be dead sexy, baby! I weighed in at 188.6 pounds initially. Wow, who's a little piggy? After the first week I clocked in at 183.6. Five pounds in one week? Sheesh! All I've done so far is cut out colas, cut out candy, and watched my caloric and fat intake. At this rate I'll have to start exercising to continue my loss.

No comments: