Saturday, January 2, 2010

Granny is not good

Granny had a minor surgery this morning to get a colostomy bag installed. She has developed pneumonia so she wasn't going to receive anesthesia for her operation. She was instead going to receive a saddle block. This technique was unknown to me but apparently was a common step in the child birth process years ago. For those as ignorant as me, it is a procedure where a needle is inserted into the spine and the lower half of the body is paralyzed. Yipes!

Anyway, word on the street was that all went well and she was recovering.

Well...

Dad called just a bit ago and said that things are not going as well as we had hoped. I don't know much, but I know that she is in ICU on a ventilator. And I was told to not go up to the hospital. So I don't know what the day holds, much less tomorrow and beyond. As I have said before, I just hope that any suffering she goes through is kept to an absolute minimum.

In much less important news, the fam is going to go see Avatar in 3D today. And the UofL Cardinals play the UK Wildcats. So, yeah, go Cards.

No comments: