Thursday, October 15, 2009

Go to Hell, Wii Fit!!!

We picked up the Wii Fit Plus last night at the new super-duper Target. Jooj had wanted it for a while. She is excited to check out its yoga offering. She hinted at getting it for her some time ago but it was hard to find and then the jobless thing and yadda yadda yadda.

So anyway, I set it up for her today. During setup, it goes on and on about posture and health and blah blah blah. I put in my birth date. I put in my height. Then it measured my BMI... and came back with 26%. WHOAH! Still reeling from that "comfortable" number, it then had the audacity to tell me that I'm overweight. Maybe... but... but, you know... that may just be a matter of opinion, man! Without even giving me time to recover from that the Wii then informs me that an ideal weight for my height is 148 lbs. What?!?!?! Are you crazy, Wii Fit? Have you lost your silicon mind? I haven't weighed that since high school!

At this point, I'm a little concerned. Jooj wanted this thing so she could play around with some yoga moves. She doesn't know that this weigh in/BMI/computer criticism is part of the program. I'm not sure this is going to fly. You may think that I'm joking but there may be a greater than average possibility that this Wii Fit Plus unit will be bagged up and back on Target's shelf by sundown!

No comments: