Friday, May 30, 2008

Painting updates

Maker's Mark commissioned around 60 artists around the region to create works that were inspired by the facilities and the brand. I submitted four concepts and they accepted two. The pieces will be finished in the next few months and may go to any of the following cities: Louisville, Lexington, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, or Madrid. Exciting!

I put the finishing touches on "Dave & Sharon" two nights ago. Dave picked it up yesterday to hang that night and Sharon should have noticed it this morning. He had me paint it for their ten year wedding anniversary. How sweet :) I hope she loved it!

I started putting paint to canvas for a surprise graduation gift for my niece. Her older sister helped me with the colors and I hope to have that done for her in the next day or two.

I'm also juggling a piece named "Dottie" and another piece, "Coco Monique", that I've been dragging my feet on. I hope to have them done by the end of next week so I can move on to my June slate. I have a busy month ahead of me.

Stick around for updates.

No comments: