Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What a night!

How is that Marcy still single? Sheesh, that grrl knows how to have a good time. I mean, with all the fun that grrrl has between the dancing and the drinking (not to mention what she did on top of that table) I don't know how Mr. Lucky hasn't swooped her off her feet! :D

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Jooj and I went out for dinner. I had one of the best Margaritas I have ever had and my meal included half a chicken, sliced from head to talon down the middle, along with the fixin's and some veggie empanadas. But the party was only just starting (a fact that my wife had somehow failed to mention to me... silly grrrl).

We met up with Jim and Susu and little KT. I've already shared a drink with Lala since she turned 21 but hadn't had one (legally, at least) with KT. We all were amazed by the blue mountains on the Coors Light glasses (I kept turned the peak into "snow-capped" by applying pressure with my finger, thus turning the blue to white... we were easily amused).

The aforementioned Marcy showed up. Some food was served. We had word that Lala was coming. The rest of her clan? We didn't know. But then Pat, Kim, Karen, Kara, Patrick, Leigh Anne, Lala, Dillan, and Denver Joe all walked in. Holy cow! It was nearly a family reunion. All we were missing were Mimi and Poppi, our kids, and Caroline. Oh, hey there, Caroline, you decided to come up too!?

We took over a small section of the patio area of Joe's for a while. Drinks were had. Laughter was let out. Smiles abounded. And then the ABC-fearing security gang started shutting us down (you gotta bring your ID to bars, Lala... the "parents will vouch for me" line only works in the movies).

Overall, it was a great night. What a way to spend my anniversary. And sorry, Marcy, we didn't take your advice after we left :)

No comments: