Thursday, July 30, 2009

Maybe today isn't the day...

So maybe I'm not getting laid off today. But that isn't to say that it's not going to happen.

I woke up and I checked my direct deposit and it wasn't there. But after making a few calls, sending a few emails, and exchanging a few IMs it was undetermined whether we get paid on the 30th or the 31st. I've worked myself up to the thought of getting "the call" today and will be disappointed if I don't (how odd does that sound?).

But I did find out a rather interesting tip while making my communication rounds. I found out that ten employees from the UK office are being let go on Friday (er, rather, are losing all network privileges effective Monday).

So layoffs are happening. For sure. Will I be on the victim (redemption?) list? We'll have to wait and see...

No comments: