Friday, March 6, 2009

Who Watches the Watchmen?

Well, at 3:45PM today, I know that Wade, Kels, Ashly, and myself will be.

I scored 4 tix earlier this week for the 3:45 showing in the Director's Hall at Stonybrook. I've read the graphic novel twice. I wasn't into comics yet, besides cursory readings of my friend's Spider-Man, when the original series came out. I read the graphic novel in college (the one with the broken glass from the Comedian's apartment). I purchased a new copy (the one with the close-up of the bloodied smiley face) and read it last year. There was so much I didn't remember (or skipped over). What an amazing book!

I'm sure I will purchase the extra-long director's cut on DVD and I can't wait to see the animated version of Tales of the Black Freighter. The reviews I've read seem mostly positive, which is saying a lot for a book that, as many would say, just doesn't seem like it would work in any medium other than a comic.

No comments: