Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Moving the desk (this will make you laugh)

I moved my desk from the office to my home office today. That is taking another step towards making the permanent move home. We still need to finish some painting and I need to hang some door handles. I also need to drill a hole in the desk to run cables to the two computers that will be at my feet. Once I get clearance from the network admins to move my phone and computer I will pretty much be home for good.

So dad showed up with some moving dollies and we, along with help from Narayan and Gaurav, finagled the behemoth down to the pickup truck. Dad slowly drove the short distance to the house. We pulled up and I realized that I have no way in. The garage door keypad went dead and I hadn't bought a new battery yet. I checked the two back doors and even the balcony door... LOCKED. So we climbed back into the truck and came back to the office to get my garage door opener from the Jeep. We drove back and I walked in through the garage door. When I went to unlock the front door I saw that it was already unlocked - I guess from when Jooj grabbed the Scott's Lawn care paperwork off the door handle yesterday. I didn't even think to check it. Sheesh, silly me!

No comments: