Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weekend Updates

Warm weather hit the 'ville and I finally feel as though Spring is upon us...

* I hit the skate park, along with half of the Concretins, on Sunday. I had a good session. I am getting my speed back and had some great runs in the capsule with my lip tricks (nose stall, tail stall, axle stall, and rock-fakies). Ah, skate season is open.

* Jooj and I did a little cleaning on Saturday. She cleaned the yard and I cleaned the garage. It felt pretty good. Then we took the netting off the pond and fed the fish for the first time in 4 months. I counted 10 (went into the winter with 11). We have a bit of an algae problem but the guy at the pond store says that everyone does right now. We picked up a net, some Super Bug (yummy bacteria), and some stuff to combat the algae.

* U of L won their first two games to make it to the Sweet Sixteen. For the most part they looked really good. Jooj and I have brackets and she is leading by 4 points right now. The funny thing is that our brackets are almost identical at this point. The only difference is that I have Memphis going to the Final Four and she has Uconn. And that game is worth 4 points. So we'll either tie or she'll win. Crazy!

* Mom and dad bought a new TV and gave us their projection TV. It is so big... and heavy! I about blew a vertebrae getting it upstairs. I don't think Pops and I realized how heavy that SOB was going to be.

* We celebrated Jooj and my niece's birfdays this weekend. The next day we had the normal dinner with my immediate family. You know, I just love my whole, big family. I love everyone on my wife's side (especially you, Kim :) and of course I adore everyone on my side. I am just so lucky to have so many wonderful people around me.

* The neighbors... grrrrr! I can't even go into now but it appears that round 1 has gone to me. I'll disclose more a little later. Stupid Aussies!!!

No comments: