Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New addition to the family?

I think that I've convinced Jooj to make a new addition to the family in the form of a little kitty cat. I swore off any future felines after having to say goodbye to Miss Annie (and having to clean up the mess in the litter box that a very sick, very old cat makes). But my heart has softened a bit. Kels has always maintained that she wants another cat. Toby, the sole cat in the house now, is still young enough and playful to keep up with a kitty. I think a new kitty cat in the house would be a ton of fun (jeez, I certainly may eat those words).

We currently are the parents of:

Kelsey ("Panzy"), a 15-year old human female
Will ("Will.i.am"), a 12-year old human male
Jack ("Jack"), a 7-year old canine male (Jack Russell/Pit Bull mix)
Tobias ("Toby"), a 5-year old feline male (grey tabby)
Boba Fett ("Boba"), a 1-year old canine male (RAD mix = "Real American Dog", i.e. "mutt"... we do know that his mother was a boxer)

What I've been discussing with (bugging) Jooj is the name. I want a male orange tabby. Here is what I have so far:

Otis - sounds cool and fits the four-letter precedent but not really named after anybody
Reese - Kelsey's favorite candy and possibly the same color of the peanut butter inside
Heath - Jooj's favorite candy and possibly named after Heath Ledger... isn't toffee kind of orangish?
Bartok - named after the bat in Anastasia ("I'd give her a HA! And a HI-YA! And then a OUU-WA! And I'd kick her, sir.")
Gato - Spanish for "cat" and fits the four-letter precedent
Miller - my favorite cheap, American beer
Stimpy - this is a longshot since I'm not sure anyone in the house besides me remembers the Ren & Stimpy show
Dick Clark - this is a total inside joke between Jooj and me :D
Ellis - named after the street we used to live on

So I think we'll pass these name suggestions over to the kids and see what they think. Jooj wants to surprise them and get the cat before they realize we've picked it out. I think that's a fabulous idea!

No comments: