Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Are things normal yet?

With everything going on I feel like there is another shit storm just waiting to erupt. I'm keeping inventory of what's coming up, ready to switch gears at a moment's notice to go into disaster mode. When will the next impending crisis happen?

Will.i.am's birthday party is this Saturday. Will it be then? Will some child break their neck while evading a kill shot during laser tag?

Report cards are coming out next week. Will it be then? I think the boy is in the clear but will the grrrl's grades be an utterly shocking disappointment?

I talked with a tech recruiter today. Will I soon be faced with a tough choice regarding my career and, more importantly, the financial stability and well-being of my family? Will it be then?

I don't know. And I don't want to know. But I smell it in the air... disaster. So friends, don't let it happen to you. Be wary of dark alleys and strange men in trench coats. Look both ways before you cross the street. Chew your food. Put on clean underwear. Hug your momma. And like ol' Bob Barker said, make sure to spay or neuter your pet.

No comments: