Friday, December 23, 2011

Fifteen Movies in Ten Days, Day 2

Alice In Wonderland*
Archer: Season 2 (came in the mail today)
Avatar
Batman: The Dark Knight
Burn After Reading
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1*
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2*
Inception
Ip Man*
Red*
Sherlock Holmes*
Star Trek
Sucker Punch
True Grit*
Where the Wild Things Are

Wrapped presents, did some laundry, and helped clean the house today. Still suffering a double-ear infection and also waging a seemingly losing battle against the eczema on my eyelids (steroids in my eyes and another steroid, which under no circumstances should touch my eyeball lest I tempt cataracts and blindness, on my lid... JEEBUS CHRISTMAS), so I thought it would be a good time to fit in one of the longer movies from the list: Avatar. I told mom and dad is was like Dances With Wolves in space. They dug it... but their little minds weren't ready for the over-3 hour director's extended cut. I think they were ready to check out after the first disc :)

Went to the UofL basketball game tonight with Debes. Had a blast, as I knew I would. I dropped off Linahan's copy of Archer: Season 2 on his desk before the game. Then after the game I snagged it and promised to deliver it this weekend.

After I got home I figured I'd sneak in another movie before bed time: Sucker Punch. I saw it in the theater and, frankly, that is probably where one should see it. It was good, and dad loved it (his favorite of the bunch so far), but it lacked the punch it delivered when viewed on the big screen (pun totes intended).

Christmas festivities begin tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll be doing much movie viewing. Plus I promised Ger that I would log onto CoH tomorrow night. Oh, and gratz to Ger who has been promoted to Red Team leader. Go Red!!!

No comments: