Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Yours is on the house"

Those words are like magic :)

It was my birfday yesterday and I decided to hustle up a few of us at work and head over to JGumbo's for my birfday meal. We walked in and they asked why we were there since it was Monday and our regular JGumbo's day is Wednesday. I told them it was my birthday and they wished me a happy one. I ordered my regular, Bumblebee Stew, and a piece of peach cobbler.

"Yours is on the house," they said. Aww! How nice is that to hear?

So much has been going on and I'm so bad about blogging these days...

* Kitchen demo went well - besides the fact that dad split open his head on the corner of a cabinet and I sliced a sliver of the tip of my finger off (don't worry, I reattached it and pressed really hard so it shouldn't be a life-long injury).

* Kitchen painting wasn't going so well but we're back on track. Julie and I weren't seeing eye-to-eye on what colors the kitchen should be. But we compromised (I got my two-tone, she got her shades of brown) and everybody is happy.

* Kelsey is having her first interview for her first job today. It's for Little Caesars Pizza. Hey, she's gotta start somewhere!

* The final eight of the World Cup is going to be set after the 2:30 game between Spain and Portugal. It should be a scorcher (I have Portugal winning and, in fact, going all the way to win the whole thing).

No comments: