Sunday, June 20, 2010

What a great Father's Day

The day started out about 24 hours ago. Will and I were heading to bed around 1AM and he turned to me before heading to bed and said, "Oh yeah, happy Father's Day." Aw, it warmed my heart. He remembered! (not to mention that I got it before his real dad... sheesh, I hate to be so petty but it was an awesome moment)

Awesomeness continued when Kelsey gave me her gift and the most wonderful homemade card EVER! She, on her own, got me two pairs of Star Wars lightsaber chopsticks. They ruled. The card featured Boba Fett and had the sweetest hand-written note. I love that grrrl.

The fun kept rollin' when we were on the way to breakfast to meet Jooj's dad and family. We were talking about things that the kids could do around the house to earn a few bucks. I mentioned offering tasks "a la carte" and assigning a dollar amount to them. Kelsey wondered if we even owned a litter box any longer. I laughed and told her of course we did (we own two cats). And then Jooj says "I'm glad we don't have to worry about that any more." I paused and said, "Well, *someone* has to worry about it still." (BTW, I am the sole emptier of the litter box). We all had a good laugh.

Breakfast was awesome. And then dinner with my dad and family was great. The night ended with Jooj and me spending some quality time together and then capped off with playing some City of Heroes and watching World Cup highlights and reruns.

Like Ice Cube rapped, "today was a good day."

No comments: