Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rapid Development

I'm watching a webinar on the WebSmart IDE for WebSmart ILE. It's a slick piece of work but the webinar is kind of boring. A term the presenter used was "rapid development" to describe the speed by which pages can be built. I started to liken the term to the goings-on in my world right now.

I have a second interview today. I am watching this webinar just for that. After that interview I am meeting with the owner of the Louisville magazine Food & Dining. I am going to paint some pieces for him and maybe talk with him about some ad and/or web work. Exciting, huh? It gets better.

I had a phone interview last night with another company and it went really, really well. This company is at the top of my list of desired future employers. I don't want to say who it is and fear I'll jinx it if I do. I know - silly me. They called this morning and want to sit down with me on Friday. Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!

So for now, I have to snap back to reality and get my head back onto today's interview. I'm watching this webinar and I'm trying to care but it is getting tough. I don't want to assume that I'll get the job that I'm interviewing for on Friday (hell, I shouldn't get ahead of myself and assume that I'll get the one for today either) but I'm so psyched that it is overshadowing what I need to do for today.

Whew, other than that things are still in "rapid development". I installed three pieces for Toast on Market in New Albany and have one more to finish. The guy I'm talking with today wants four and will barter some of the price with exposure in his mag. That sounds pretty cool!

Will had a blast climbing Saturday night and is looking forward to getting back. It looked like fun and made me consider getting up off the ground again. My palms still sweat when I think about it (for those of you who don't know, I broke my back in 1995 after a climbing accident). Kelsey and I want to check out "Zombieland" that is coming out this weekend. We both LOVE zombie movies. Jooj has the day off on Friday and we're going shopping!

No comments: