Sunday, September 20, 2009

Big Week Two

FFL is about 60 minutes from starting and I have a dilemma. Do I start Phillip Rivers, my stud QB, against the hardened Ravens or Brett Favre, a definite wild-card, against the porous Lions defense? Decisions, decisions.

I'm making a calculated risk in benching the Jest DST against the Patriots in favor of the Redskins DST against the horrible Rams offense. I had picked up the Broncos DST shortly to go up against the Browns (who scored their first TD in 7 straight games just last week). The deciding factor in that decision was that the Redskins will be at home... and maybe that is what will be the final factor in my QB issue. Favre is at Detroit, Rivers is at home.

It was also a no-brainer to bench Kevin Smith against the staunch Vikings defense. I just hope his replacement, Ahmad Bradshaw, does *something* against the Cowboys (I *hate* the Cowboys).

My first three and last three games of the season are against teams in my own division so these games mean more down the stretch as the season goes on. Wish me luck!

Regardless, GO VIKINGS!!!!

No comments: