Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day recap

* "There is nothing better than beer and chocolate." This was stated by Jooj's mom Mimi at their birthday party at Susu's house. And honestly, I can neither agree nor disagree.

* Pat can sure boil up a low-country feast for the masses! I enjoyed drinking over an over-sized pot full of shrimp, potatoes, sausage, corn, and Louisiana spiciness on Sunday. In fact, I had a blast seeing the whole gang :)

* Had lunch and saw my side of the fam Monday. It sure is nice to have such wonderful families.

* Taking Kels to get her driver's permit today. Wish her luck!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Good luck, i remember may day with Lauren, nervous, funny, with Leigh Anne I wasn't

DeadBrinley said...

Well, we didn't have the "pass and drive" letter thing. So I called school and got that the next day. Then, upon our second visit to the DMV in as many days, I was told that I was not authorized to do it - only a parent or guardian.

Damn, I *hate* being reminded that I'm not their dad :(