Monday, May 11, 2009

It's been a while...

It's May 11th and I haven't blogged in weeks. What have I been up to?

Well, we have a new addition to the family - a blond kitten by the name of Lexington Fredsworth Brinley. Don't ask about the name. As odd as the name sounds, the decision-making process to get to it was far more interesting. Suffice to say, this name affords both nicknames of "Lexi" and "Freddie". She's adorable!

Derby was fun. Susu, Jooj's sister, threw quite a bash. I always like partying with that side of the family. And I think everyone had a great time. It got a little awkward there at the end though when Caroline's buddies started showing up, some hammered, and attempted to mingle with the adults. Ah, that brings back memories. And I'll never forget sharing whiskey shots with Pat out of GE champagne glasses (complete with the GE meatball insignia).

The Jeep died last week. I was going to be a tough guy and fix it right there in the parking lot but the battery cables were pretty much destroyed by acidic corrosion. I had to have it towed and have battery cables and the battery replaced. Shucks!

The yard has been landscaped by my buddy Matt and his company Branching Streams. They did a great job. Jooj is very happy with their work.

Will traded in his Gameboy SP, his DS Lite, Kelsey's DS Lite, and a dozen games and put it toward the purchase of the new Nintendo DSi. He also had twenty bucks in cash. The DSi was listed at $170. After everything was traded in we owed $25.02. So I was only out $5.02. Woohoo!

Mother's Day was fun. We had brunch with Pat and Carol, spent the day doing chores and relaxing, and then had dinner with my parents. My little niece Emma is literally just a matter of days away from walking :)

What else has been going on? Star Trek is out and I want to see it. I've been working on a story arc for City of Heroes titled "Orcs and Elves". I'm hoping to publish it in the next day or so. I'm pretty excited about that. I'm over my painting hiatus and am finishing up three pieces for a client. I tried a new recipe for something called Rockin' Moroccans. Oh, and the pepper seeds that we planted are starting to sprout. Yippee!

No comments: