Friday, May 29, 2009

Toby + Lexi = MAYHEM!!

I suppose I knew this. It's just been a while. You forget, you know. Over the course of a cat's life you accumulate so many good memories. And the fond memories of how cute they are in those first few months, I suppose, overshadow the memories of the crazy, ninja antics they pull. In other words...

LEXINGTON FREDSWORTH BRINLEY IS FREAKIN' INSANE!!!

I mean, you know how a cat gets with catnip? Well, she's worse than that. Without the catnip. All day. Everyday. When she runs out of gas she crashes, but those times are normally when everyone is out of the house but me.

And poor Toby, her 5-year old surrogate brother... well, I can't tell if he loves it or hates it. Sometimes I think that he feels like a little kitten again. And then sometimes I think that he feels like my sister - keeping up with an 11-month old with a bun in the oven.

I'm doing my best to convince Jooj to let her keep her claws. We've purchased some scratch boxes and a small cat condo. I've drawn up plans for another one to construct (those fuckers and EXPENSIVE!). I hope we can manage to keep her from tearing up anything.

On an oddly related note, the robin's nest right outside our kitchen window is one or two chicks lighter. I see one hopping around, flirting with the thought of flight. There are only two heads left in there. So one is either laying low or has already flown the coop.

No comments: