Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Drip, drip, drip...

We came home Friday from work and were just ready for the weekend to begin. Jooj and I had both had a long week and we were ready to relax. We finally received a good amount of rain and I was outside with the dogs bringing in the trash when she frantically called my name. I ran to her in the kitchen and saw the source of her shock.

The ceiling was leaking. And it was leaking at a healthy pace. I put a bucket down and raced outside to see if I could locate where the water was coming from. My ladder wasn't tall enough to I called dad to ask for him and a ladder. He told me to see if I could tell where the leak was coming from. The dry wall was going to have to come down anyway, I reckoned, so I started tearing at the soaked ceiling.

The culprit turned out to be a pinhole leak that sprung from the cold water copper pipe. I suppose it had been going for quite some time before saturated the drywall and leaking out. I called the plumber and they came out yesterday to fix it. Now we just have to wait on the bill...

No comments: