Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Still Not 100%

I am still somewhat struggling with day to day affairs at work and at home. I had hoped to have bounced back from my hospital stay by now but I'm not where I want to be. I have energy when I wake up but ultimately run out before I'm done with the day. And it sucks. I'm used to being able to be on the go and do what I want when I want. But I just don't have the energy to get me through each day. Weak.

Well, enough of the whining. Life is good. I had a low-key July 4th weekend. My friend, Brandon, from high school was in town and I had breakfast with his family. We had planned on a little get-together with another friend, Duane, but the wife came down with a terrible stomach bug. We did manage to make the family reunion on my dad's side for the afternoon on Saturday. It was great seeing everyone. But I ran out of gas around 5pm and we reluctantly came home.

The kids and I watched the Korean flick "The Host" yesterday and then Kelsey and I watched "Diary of the Dead". Both movies were good. I was pleasantly surprised by both. Who's a huge Romero fan? Yep, this guy!

Julie and I leave for Vegas this weekend. I'm so stoked! I'm doing my best to finish up the painting Coco Monique before I go. I'm looking forward to a break - a real break and not a hospital stay or bed rest :)

No comments: