Friday, November 27, 2009

"Were you looking for season one?" (Black Friday highlights)

Woke up at 7AM this morning and was ready to go. I had a list of movies and other things we wanted to get. Last year we waited until about 8:30am and most of the things were pretty well picked over.

We started out at Best Buy. It was crazy. People were everywhere. The line, we discovered, wrapped around different aisles before you could check out. We waited, as if waiting for a ride in an amusement park, to check out for 30 minutes. It was insane. We got everything on our list as well as a few other movies and a drawing tablet for Kelsey. Total saved: $90.

We then headed over to Target. It wasn't nearly as bad as Best Buy. The only thing I needed here was a Mr. Coffee for $29 and Seasons 1 and 2 of "Flight of the Conchords" for $8.99 each. We headed to the movies and, alas, they were sold out. We managed to get the Mr. Coffee and picked out a few more things. Then I thought I might sneak back over to the cardboard movie bins and check again. I didn't see anything. Then I overheard some little grrrl complaining about how they only had Season 2. I followed her voice and found Season 2. I told her that they were all sold out in the back so this may be all they had. I walked to the cart and then heard in a squeaky voice, "Were you looking for season one?" I turned and it was the grrrl waving season 1 at me. I can't recall the face I made but I'm sure it was embarrassing. Total saved: $55.98.

After that we went to Home Depot to buy some cute little trees. From there we headed to Oxmoor. I had visited the Apple Store a few days prior and found online that the Apple store was offering $101 off every computer in the store. I walked in and soon walked out with a brand new, top of the line, 15-inch Mac Book Pro. RULES!!!

We hit up Gap next. Then somehow talked ourselves into going to Wal-mart (and struck out). We came home, ate a turkey sandwich from Pat's leftovers (thanks man), and then headed back out. We went to Feeder's and struck out. We headed over to another Home Depot and got two more cute trees. Then we headed to Feeder's downtown and hit the jackpot. Will.i.am and two bearded dragons named Percy and Panda are going to have a very merry Christmas.

We came home, wrapped stuff up, put up the tree, took a nap, and now I'm playing with my new toy. We're heading out to dinner with Jed and Vian tonight. Can't wait!

No comments: