Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Real Spoiler

I like to talk trash in FFL but my team has been in horrible shape this year. How is it that I get stuck with duds when another guy manages to score Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, and Ronnie Brown? Anyway, with three games to go and only inter-divisional play left, I am finally leading my division with a record of 6-4-1. Not glamorous, but it's done the job.

This was an open letter to my FFL league. Just thought I'd share...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Real Spoiler

Some of you are at the top of your game and have nearly locked your division. Some of you are still holding out hope. One of you is still gunning for your first win. Some of you fancy yourself spoilers maybe.

Let me tell you something about spoiling. A real spoiler is someone who takes a team with the worst point-producing, first-round draft pick and makes the team work. A real spoiler is someone who picks up another man's trash and watches that player top the stats for his position (thanks for the TE Eckel). A real spoiler picks up a player from the waiver wire and watches him top the stats for his position too (okay, fine Morton, we're both tied for the lead at Kicker). A real spoiler takes his team of 7th ranked Passing, 8th ranked Rushing, and 8th ranked Receiving and muscles his way to lead his division. A real spoiler simply spoils, robbing a much needed win from a division contender when it really counts (sorry Ted, no Neti Pot is going to save you on this one).

Gentlemen, I have clawed my way through this season without stud RBs or flashy WRs. I've done it with good coaching moves, good waiver-wire pick-ups, and a little bit of luck (49ers DST scoring 45 points that one week didn't hurt either). I'm done with you other divisions (for now - see you in the post-season) and plan on spoiling it for the rest of mine. As your wives already know, once I get on top I stay there until the job is done!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: