Monday, February 16, 2009

I took a beat-down over the weekend

Will and I met up with his friends on Friday to play some reball. It is basically paintball but the ammo is a little rubber ball rather than a hollow rubber ball filled with paint. The balls still hurt like paintball - maybe even more.

It was indoor and setup with inflatable obstacles much like I've seen during paintball championships on ESPN. The action was fast and the games were decided rather quickly. I am pretty certain that I left off the evening with more "kills" than I had "deaths" and that is a good thing.

I hurt. And it's not because of the rubber balls - although I do have my fair share of black and blue welts. I hurt because of the running, squatting, and sliding I did on the turf. My quads are killing me. I can't walk without looking like I've been riding in the saddle all day. They feel like they've suffered horrific stabbing wounds from a Rambo knife. I could barely walk down the stairs yesterday. I guess I'm getting old. I'm definitely out of shape. Warm weather and skate sessions can't come soon enough.

That said, I can't wait 'til Will invites me to go again. It was a blast!

No comments: