Monday, January 12, 2009

Infected!

I don't know who my computer has been cozying up to at night but he's got a bad case of the blues. And I'm talking about the "blues" that requires a big ol' shot in the ass in the real world. My poor computer is infected... with Trojans and Ad-ware :(

We ran a scan this morning and it removed 26 files (most were ad-ware but several were Trojans and one was a Trojan generator... yipes!). And this is my computer at work, mind you. I don't know how the PCs at home have avoided this mess (with a 15-year old constantly browsing and downloading from MySpace).

I'm running another scan as we speak since it is obvious that the first attempt did not catch everything. Obvious, in that I mean that the background image on my desktop disappeared and my icons look like they are all highlighted. Oh, and by the pop-up from McAfee telling me that my PC was infected.

Shame on your, PC! Use protection next time and stop sharing needles!!!

No comments: