Monday, January 5, 2009

Cards won, Vikings lost

I believe that I watch a below average amount of sports for the common American male aged 18-35. And yet somehow yesterday two must-watch games were on television. My beloved Minnesota Vikings were playing a wild card playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles. At the same time the U of L Cardinals were squaring off against their commonwealth rivals, the UK Wildcats.

Well if you read the title of this post you know how things turned out. The Vikings won their division but fell late in the 4th quarter. They looked good but Tavarius Jackson is young and the Vikings probably didn't quite have a Super Bowl run in them. Their defense is awesome and Adrian Peterson is the best running back playing the game. Let's just hope they bring it (and then some) next year.

The UofL/UK game was pretty sweet. UofL ate them up on steal and turnovers. The cards led by 6 or 10 most of the game. At the very end UK scrapped back and then tied it with only a few seconds left to play. Sosa took the ball and walked it down the court. He faked his defender and then pulled up for a three-point shot several feet away from the line at the top of the arc. Swoosh... and game over.

Still working on the resolutions. I think one will involve getting my cholesterol down. One will involve painting again. I'm sick of making resolutions to read more and not doing it. Give me a few more days and we'll see what I come up with.

No comments: