Tuesday, September 30, 2008

FFL - Week 4

Okay, I've been pretty quiet about my FFL team. The Hillbilly Hairybacks (formerly L'ville Hotspurs) team is a team named after my former boss. I'll leave it at that and let your imagination put the rest together.

So anyway, I started the year out with a very poor 0-3 record. I went up against Tom Brady in week 1 and couldn't pull out a victory despite poor ol' Tom being taken out 8 minutes into the game. I played a team in week 2 that suffered from Hurricane Ike and the coach forgot to switch out his QB who was forced into a BYE that week... and lost. So I started the season against two gimped teams and couldn't pull out a victory. I scored good points in week 3 but my opponent scored better. This was a disturbing trend.

Week 4 showed up and so did my team. Larry Johnson scored huge. Lavernanues Coles scored huge. DeSean Jackson is still coming on strong. And even Earnest Graham had big numbers. Chris Johnson, my rookie RB from the Titans, even scored big on the bench. So my RB and WR numbers have gone from the bottom of the tank to being ranked #2 and #1. Hell yeah!

I have been forced to ditch some good backup talent (Ravens DST, JT O'Sullivan, Stephen Gostowski) to compensate for a tangled BYE week dilemma in weeks 4 and 6 (and Plaxico Burress' suspension has me pulling out my hair) and that may come back to bite me in the ass. But I am happy with my starters and hope they keep producing big numbers.

Go Hillbillies!

No comments: