Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving, Triple Feature, and Japanese Pajamas

What a tremendously sweet long weekend it was. It was nice having time off to spend with Jooj and the kids. And it was very nice to be able to see our families over the holiday break. I was much too busy either relaxing or being busy to blog about anything so here are some highlights:

* Thanksgiving was great. I ate three times. We started at my mom and dad's for a small dinner (times two for yours truly) and then picked up the kids to head over to Jooj's brother's household to celebrate on her side. I ate again and was truly fat and happy.

* Kim and Marcy rule (you know why I wrote that :D )

* Black Friday. Jooj and I went shopping. We weren't out long and didn't leave at the ass-crack of dawn so it wasn't too bad.

* Kelsey's Japanese pajamas came in. We couldn't wait until Christmas to give them to her so we woke her up and surprised her. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head and she rose like a possessed demon-child when she saw them. I don't know really how many times I saw her after that without them on. I must admit, they are adorable...

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/marron-kuriya/599182/1766677/

* The shelves are finished and we all spent some time priming them and painting them. They are going to look fantastic when they are done.

* Over the break the kids and I watched "Cloverfield", "Pan's Labyrinth", and "Saving Private Ryan". Will and I also watched "Raiders of the Lost Ark". He had never seen it before. Jooj even joined us for "Cloverfield". I believe everyone enjoyed everything they watched. I love movies!

So that was the weekend in a nutshell. I'm sure more went on but those were the highlights. We need to get Will two more gifts and we're waiting on one more for Kelsey in the mail and we'll be done with the kids for Christmas. Yay!

No comments: